1. Hey there Guest: Just a heads up, Pokemon Showdown was recently compromised. If you use the same password for it and other services, we recommend that you change your password immediately to secure your account. You can read more about the incident here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire-Hopping: The Disappointing Reality of those Offered

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by queenkani, Jan 4, 2017.

?

Should Fire-Hopping Be Patched in the future if possible?

1. Yes (if it will happen)

2. No (GOTTA GO FAST!!!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. queenkani

queenkani Well-Known Member

Money:
    Hai.. we have all seen this coming yes? Players are becoming self-aware on the negative effects of fire-hopping... while some say it is unfair and have very right to be upset as such many selfish competitors ( both regular & clan bash said opinions on site miiverse or otherwise:what?:)

i am highly disappointed in the player of both regular and clan communtites for i to use to think fire-hopping in the normal races is fine at first but overtime i have seen the ways it can badly effect a game so as result i never fire-hop i only do so when fighting foes and helping regulars...

bottom line, leave those who play true be, instead of spaming those who believe what is right for the more i see things like this the more disgusted i be...:bored:

so for those who do not approve fire-hopping: how does it ruin your game and how do others react when you say the fire-hopping is more exploit then strategy?

personally i do not approve the fire-hopping myself:thumbsdown: i may have use it many a time but i would NEVER actually do so in real races only those involving clan or gold-digger hunting challenges...

2. Neostar

Neostar ネオスター

Money:
    I sometimes only do fire hopping when I feel like I really need to catch up to someone or if I'm close to losing my lead.

If people want to do it all the time, then fine by me. To me it's just an optional technique that's available in the game to increase your speed temporarily. It doesn't ruin my games, and I've won plenty more without the use of it than with it.

To respond to your poll, it doesn't matter to me if they patch out fire hopping or not.

3. GENIUS

GENIUS Supreme Commander of GB
    Events Leader

Money:
    I have never played Mario Kart 8, but this reminds me of those people that complained about snaking and PRB in Mario Kart DS. It's an exploit in the game that you can use to improve your chances of winning. In my opinion, that's perfectly fine since anyone can learn to do it.

4. queenkani

Money:
    :mad2:[sigh] why am i not surprised, if this is true then i am no different then others who would get this "no-one-cares" look from those who fire-hop regularly

i never fire-hop to catch up in real races and still won...

bare in mine unlike me others are not so luckly for i have found yes a few more people teased due to them saying fire-hopping is skill not exploit:(

i answer out to them No you are not wrong fire-hopping IS WRONG in normal races and will be marked as such...:cool: i will continue to defend those who will think otherwise...

5. Jhon778

Jhon778 Lucid Dreamer

Money:
    So...with this logic, it's totally wrong unless you're using it to further your personal anti-clan agenda?

6. Zak98

Zak98 I only miss school because ffa is important kappa

Money:
    If you think fire hopping is "totally wrong" then why didn't Nintendo patch it, yet in the same condition NINTENDO CREATED these techniques for a more fun and speed based game. I understand you see some players who get a lead with fire hopping but they just practice to get a lead with fire hopping.

It's bloody 2017 and you can't get over this, wow.

7. Zak98

Money:
    I don't think you understand, but fire hopping is intended to make a game more fun. Trust me, i know you say we gain a lead over others but most of the time (especially for me because i am the worst worldwide player out there) non-fire hoppers gain a lead over us, it's not all about fire hopping. Items and luck create this base for Mario kart 8.

I'll tell you something to prove that it isn't so unfair to fire hop.

In Mario kart wii before May 20 2014 I was a really competitive player, i used to wheelie with funky (rarely daisy) and most of the time i don't get a lead! In one race i was put against a bunch of competitive KART racers and trust me it's way harder to get ahead of karters.

8. queenkani

Money:
    I am afraid this will have nothing to fo with anti-clan reasons but to help others stand up to those who tease others on what they believe is wrong:cool:

so for this reason happy you agree on the problem fire-hopping has bring to this game...

You are wasting your time clan member!:mad2: due to the many complaints i have seen myself i will support their word-of-mouth and spread their frustrations to let them know they are not alone

if you feel frie-hopping is fair then i pity you in return the only way for this to balance out is if somehow wheelies be brought back to latest mario kart, but nintendo refuse to do this so as result Fire-Hop = Unfair Advantage:resetti:

#8 queenkani, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
  9. Kouen

Kouen Guess who's back

Money:
    Maybe I'm just naive but how is Fire-hopping an unfair advantage if literally anyone and everyone can perform it? An unfair advantage would be like if your item pool was determined by the character you chose and there could only be one type of character in each race, so you'd have to rush to pick the best character in the game or miss out and risk losing. That'd be more of an "unfair advantage". But this is like saying choosing not to EV train in Pokemon gives those that take the time to an unfair advantage. Doesn't really make any sense in my book. If it's there for your binefit, and as long as it isn't breaking the game or rules, I don't see the problem honestly. If you choose not to perform the technique because you view it as an exploit more than a tool to enhance your racing experience, that's on you. If you choose not to use it for that reason, you shouldn't cry about it just because others do. You can't make yourself out to be high and might because "oh I don't use an exploit so I'm better than everyone else who does". That's just dumb.

10. Jhon778

Jhon778 Lucid Dreamer

Money:
    You just contradicted yourself. It's okay to firehop when hunting for "clans" and "gold diggers", but in "regular races" it's not okay? KEK. Just because a clan or gold digger is present doesn't make the race any different other than the fact that you're against skilled players.

No. I disagree. Kurama is right. Everyone is capable of fire hopping. Just because some people put more practice into the game than others doesn't make it an unfair advantage. It's up to YOU to put in the time to master a skill.

It's like saying that skilled Call of Duty/Battlefield players should be restricted to different servers than players who aren't as good. It doesn't matter if it's an exploit. You can learn how to use it. It's not unfair.

#10 Jhon778, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  11. Zak98

Money:
    no one gives a crap ok, i'm not in clans anymore (don't ask me about LA either)

#11 Zak98, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017
  12. queenkani

Money:
    I truly feel sorry for all of you really, but it is your opinion and your alone but it will not change fact that it is still unnecessary feature until nintendo put in way to balance out this tactic:(

Yes because clan and GD's are not necessary for this game but that is another story for another thread,

but i am disappointed you disagreed to soon on this i thought you would understand but i see you are no different..

Maybe to you people but to others their hearts will be glad for this message...
    they should never be afraid to call out what is wrong in-game if certain things need to be patch in other for game to be more fair experience then it should have been so but if not then we as mario kart community have rights to call out on it...

13. Zak98

Money:
    firehopping is not an unfair advantage, anyone can learn how to do it if they just put their head to it.

14. Kouen

Kouen Guess who's back

Money:
    Now that we've gotten all the cards on the table... Your argument here is that Fire-hopping gives players an unfair advantage over other players, yes? However, given that ANYONE and EVERYONE can use and learn this technique, that rules out it being an "unfair advantage". So again I go back to this being a moral thing if anything of whether or not you choose to use it. If it were intentional or not to be in the game, it is still, in fact, a feature in the game that EVERYONE can do. So, by definition, it is NOT an unfair advantage as you would like to keep claiming. Furthermore, you can't continue being hypocritical with it. Either you use it, or you don't. It's not, "Oh I don't use it in real races because it's fair but when I'm hunting other clans that I think are cheating I will" Doesn't matter what the scenario, that doesn't make you "better" than them. Can't be self-righteous about it. And then, going back to how you claim this to be an unfair advantage, THERE'S A GUIDE ON IT TELLING YOU HOW TO DO IT! That's literally contradicting being an unfair advantage if there's someone out there TELLING YOU HOW TO DO IT. So, again, EVERYONE CAN PERFORM THIS TECHNIQUE. I don't even play the game, nor have I looked into it. All I did was Google "fire-hopping" and the first thing I get was a guide explaining it. What's more, this guide even says "It's not recommended for use in Grand Prix or Online, as the danger of being hit by items or players could ruin a successful Fire Hop." Look at that, another fine example of how this ISN'T an Unfair Advantage. There are too many wild factors involved in multiplayer racing to say something like that would give anyone a real edge in a race. Items do that enough on their own. If you want to cry about anything, cry about that. But blowing up something as small as this is just petty. Your only real argument here is, as you said, it's unnecessary. Yes, you could actually argue that. But, be that as it may, it is still there. Use it or don't. That's YOUR decision. But don't go trying to throw your beliefs unto everyone else. The fact of the matter still stand, this feature in the game isn't unfair because it's something that anyone can learn to do, and it's not a secret since there are literal guides out there explaining how to do it.

Don't feel sorry for me. I'm not the one who can't seem to understand the situation.

Jhon778, Lydon and Zak98 like this.
  15. queenkani

Money:
    But i do feel sorry for you, true there are highlights and tutorials that tell you how to make this possible, yes there are many who have choice to use it or no, but is it in Nintendo Manual itself?

did mario kart 8 digital booklet tell you how to perform such moves? No...none whatsoever...

i respect your opinion on matter but gameplay and community comes first and if most claim it is unfair then that part of community must be acknowledge and not be ignore due to criticism from pro community, for it is big pain and beyond childish

16. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Moderation Team

Money:
    Stick to the fire hopping thing. Leave your personal bickering out of it. It's getting annoying :|

queenkani likes this.
  17. queenkani

Money:
    :biggrin::biggrin::grin: Non Fire-Hoppers rejoice!!! some C.M found out fire-hopping is officially removed from port version

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0gMQ1tdvQ

Nintendo has answered our cries so in turn no wheelies as well but very worth it that players all over will have fair game after all these years!!!:thumbsup:

even clan member is already cancelling pre-order due to what he calls "outrage" [sigh] poor fool

he does not know what he is missing now;)

@nintendo hopefully you can fix VR System next? i would be ever so grateful:smile:

18. Neostar

Neostar ネオスター

Money:
    What's wrong with the VR system?

19. queenkani

Money:
    Go back to Mario Kart Section you will find your answers on a individual thread there if you have anymore questions feel free to answer there instead thank-you...

20. Zak98

Money:
    I highly doubt anyone will play Marii karr 8 deluxe, I find myself still waiting for splatoon2