1. Hey there Guest: Just a heads up, Pokemon Showdown was recently compromised. If you use the same password for it and other services, we recommend that you change your password immediately to secure your account. You can read more about the incident here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Showdown Compromised

Discussion in 'Site News and Updates' started by Starforce, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Starforce

Starforce Site Owner
    Owner

Money:
    Good evening NintendoPlus:

It has been brought to my attention that on September 17th, Pokemon Showdown was compromised. An intruder obtained a database dump that includes user account information with encrypted (bcrypt) passwords. Since many of our members utilize this service, if you share any common passwords with Pokemon Showdown, we recommend that you immediately change your password to secure your account.

Read more about the compromise here.

- Starforce

2. Kouen

Kouen Guess who's back

Money:
    I haven't used PS in quite some time so I'm not sure if I should care or not.

3. Derpinator

Derpinator gone again

Money:
    Doesn't matter how long you ago you used it because PS doesn't wipe old accounts afaik. The issue is whether or not you have used the same password on another account (that they could make the connection between). Even if they couldn't find the relationship between two of your accounts, you shouldn't be reusing passwords anyway.

4. Kane

Kane If specified, this will replace the title that dis

Money:
    I can't remember my PS password OR my account name. Dammit.