1. Hey there Guest: Just a heads up, Pokemon Showdown was recently compromised. If you use the same password for it and other services, we recommend that you change your password immediately to secure your account. You can read more about the incident here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Trophies/Achievements

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by CraigLand, Apr 13, 2017.

1. CraigLand

CraigLand Nintendo Switch

Money:
    I have always been a bit of a completionist in video games and with newer generations I have become addicted to Trophy and achievement hunting. I just want to have a conversation regarding the viewpoints of other people on the subject. What do you guys think?

2. Warubou

Warubou Bee Boping.

Money:
    Im addicted as well, which makes me not want to play games without them or lack of them... Which is kinda bad but I can try to motivate myself to play non trophy games like a nintendo game from time to time.

CraigLand likes this.
  3. CraigLand

Money:
    Same here, like I bought Zelda on the Switch and it was great, but after I beat it there is nothing drawing me back to explore more of the world. For me I kind of see my addiction to trophies as a game itself. There is a meta-game of collecting trophies. They are no longer there to feel a sense of "achievement" for me. I just like to complete things.

4. Neostar

Neostar ネオスター

Money:
    I've been going on fine without achievements, I just found it to be something interesting to show off and aim for. I can't lie though, when I was still mainly on my PS3 I did even replay some games just to get the trophies.

Like I wouldn't have done RE4 again in 3 days if the trophy to complete professional mode wasn't there.

5. Warubou

Warubou Bee Boping.

Money:
    i dont know , I would bust down platinums back to back, I dont have that many but when I get in the mood, I get in the mood. And I dont like going for outlandish platinums either but sometimes I might..

CraigLand likes this.
  6. CraigLand

Money:
    The only outlandish Platinums that I go for are for games that I have obsessions with. I was working on Shadow of the Colossus a while back and I only have like 2 left beforw platinum.