1. Hey there Guest: Just a heads up, Pokemon Showdown was recently compromised. If you use the same password for it and other services, we recommend that you change your password immediately to secure your account. You can read more about the incident here.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to Profile Awards?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Support' started by kobster7890, Mar 17, 2017.

1. kobster7890

kobster7890 PIKA!

Money:
    I tried looking for my profile's awards, but I can't find them on the site. I don't know why I would need them, but, I just really like rewards. I'm addicted to them...
    Like the 50 Blogs posted award, which is very juicy.

2. Stick

Stick I'm back!

Money:
    Yea I liked that to. I miss the old friendcodes. Not the new Nintendo Plus.. it's a lot different. Not as nostalgic and not as much drawn in like I used to be with FC.COM

3. GENIUS

GENIUS Supreme Commander of GB
    Events Leader

Money:
    I'll concede, I do feel somewhat nostalgic thinking about the old profile awards. All things considered though, I think it's worth having a much more modern feel to the forum.

4. Kouen

Kouen Guess who's back

Money:
    It was stated before the move that, along with all the profile messages and forum threads, that all the awards would be wiped clean as well. Whether or not they intended to ever reintroduce them, I can't say I remember honestly. I certainly would welcome their return. Had quite a few awards I was rather proud to have displayed on my profile and show up when I made a post as a badge below my picture.

However, if we're being honest, I don't think anything will help this site anymore at this point. Only thing we can do really is just appeal to the veteran members by bringing in things for nostalgia purposes, which, at this point, I don't see a problem with that. The argument before was that we were aiming for a clean slate to give the site a fresh start and hopefully move on from there. But the site's been at a stalemate almost immediately since the move. We had a momentary excel in activity with everyone being excited for the new site but that momentum wasn't really taken anywhere and we died off. And those that did actually try to do things to keep the site active and relevant were rewarded with cold shoulders. No one paid them any mind and their efforts became meaningless. Then, like everyone else, they gave up.

So I'm not really sure what to do anymore myself. Might as well have reverted back to FriendCodes and kept the old look if this was our fate. I know it was all worth a short and we had high hopes, me especially, but, again, all that potential momentum we could have had wasn't taken anywhere. People either became too busy for the site or just stopped caring and moved on. Most argue forums aren't even relevant anymore.

Kane, PiNKisH0t, joshharbin and 2 others like this.
  5. Imperfection

Imperfection Well-Known Member

Money:
    If you do something good I'll congratulate you for it ok I'm sure that will suffice?

joshharbin likes this.
  6. funnier6

funnier6 Courage~

Money:
    I really wish we'd all talk about this again, I know everybody wants to move on but this site used to be great and I know a lot of people who used to really love this place. If we could give one last hurrah at doing things the way we used to I'd be all for it. (In relevance to thread I really miss my awards)

7. Stick

Stick I'm back!

Money:
    I understand, people move and so many of us got older and grew away from the forum. Myself, for quite sometime, just really layed off of gaming and really never checked friendcodes for a year or 2... then I come back to find that the name has changed and people have left.
    We have to face that things change though. Its nothing new, but I do love the nostalgia of thinking back to me and Adam (Lifestock) playing Nintendo DS on Animal Crossing and Mario Kart and Metroid and then logging onto friendcodes and meeting so many great people that I'm still friends with and have kept in touch with. Such as King123 (tommy) and Sketch... without friendcodes, I would've never met them and they were just great times thinking back.
    I accept the change that the site has made the way people have moved on. I just love getting back on for old times sake to find if my old friends have been on at all.

CraigLand likes this.
  8. Soviet

Soviet Commander in Thief

Money:
    Is Corey still running this place? I can't fathom why anyone would have decided to break continuity with past messages and posts... there was a TON of content on friendcodes.com that I'm sad to see has disappeared. I wonder if an old image of friendcodes.com exists anywhere that could be hosted somewhere.

9. Starforce

Starforce Site Owner
    Owner

Money:
    It hasn't completely disappeared. It has, however, been archived and is not presently available for public viewing.

10. PiNKisH0t

PiNKisH0t ☺♥ Mitt Romney ♥☺

Money:
    i miss friendcodes.com waaahhhhh )':

CraigLand, joshharbin and Yyhhggtt like this.