1. Hey there Guest: Just a heads up, Pokemon Showdown was recently compromised. If you use the same password for it and other services, we recommend that you change your password immediately to secure your account. You can read more about the incident here.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to visitor messages?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Support' started by Tristar, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Tristar

Tristar Community Leader

Money:
    i haven't been on in a while but all visitor messages and inbox messages have been erased? Or am I looking in the wrong place

2. Flare

Flare Site Manager
    Manager

Money:
    The previous site is archived, including all VMs, and posts and such. As far as everyone is concerned they're all gone. If you're wondering how to make VMs on here, it's usually by way of profile notifications, however you can also start "Conversations" with particular members, which are basically like Private Messages except as far as I know they can be between you and one member or you and many members.

3. Tristar

Tristar Community Leader

Money:
    Everything I've built up over the years is gone I see.

4. Jahed

Jahed Stargazer

Money:
    Yep. As the web gets older and we use it for longer, web preservation will become more and more important. It's sad we lost all that history but at the same time, we can't expect site owners to maintain such a thing themselves and carry that burden indefinitely.

5. funnier6

funnier6 Courage~

Money:
    So if the previous site is archived, why can nobody look at it?

Googly likes this.